Saturday, September 26, 2015

Music & Beauty

Who can know the depths and crevices of music more than me who has been into it even before he knew it. No kidding here, I am a true admirer of the best things in life – from Nutella to my baton that waves with a swish and music starts making life more worth it. Really, there is no point in not speaking highly of great things such as nature itself that endures us and nourishes us to the point of mortality.

Music helps me breathe, stay hopeful and act passionately in all that I do. Being an orchestra instructor, after all, has taken a toll on my life experience in terms of the immense amount of time I spent on just learning the basics of conducting an orchestra. Symphonies – sad or happy, lively or dull – are deeply weaved in my fabric and this is actually what I am made of. And you just can’t win the debate on how impressively music can affect one’s mood and outlook on life. It can make you verve with energy or get depressed with dark notes.

Music makes life beautiful, and beauty is the essence of everything that we love and aspire to. Not necessarily the flawless beauty of a ramp model – I am referring to beauty as an abstract emotion that you can relate to anything, even something that others find ugly. It’s a matter of perspective, and mind you, music also takes a lot of perspective and judgmental processing.
But yes, looking good (if not necessarily beautiful) is a fact of life.

I feel for it especially because I have hit my 40s and understand the pain that comes with a pot belly and uncontrollable body expansion. There was a time I was genuinely worried about my climbing weight despite the fact that I am no food freak and never had any genetic predisposition to overeating or obesity. But then, I realized that my sedentary lifestyle is the real culprit.

No comments:

Post a Comment