Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Music Industry the Past Decade

I cannot still grasp that idea that I have been working now in the music industry for decades. As someone who grew up in streets, I never realized that someone out there would be willing to help me and mold me to be the person I am today. I am grateful to my “maestro” who never gave up on me and taught me all the things that he knew although he’s not even a relative.
 

I never met my parents. They abandoned me when I was a child. They left me with nothing. Good thing that I met Rick, a street vendor, who treated me as his own child. He raised me well although he’s not earning too much. He couldn’t afford to send me to school that’s why I needed to work despite being young that time.
 

One day, while I was busy selling some candies and helping Rick with his small business, Maestro asked me if I could be his assistant. He didn’t have a child of his own. He spent all of his years in music and writing songs. I hesitated when he asked me, but I knew then that he was a good man so I grabbed the opportunity to work for him.
 

I cleaned his room every single day. He let me listen whenever he’s having a session with his students. He also taught me everything about music - from basics to advance. When he passed away, he left everything to me because his relatives are residing overseas. After that, I continued his legacy.

 

Music raised me from poverty and helped me build my own future. Currently, I am working as an instructor for a Symphony that performs in different countries. My goal of traveling the world has been fulfilled by music. As a form of gratitude, I teach  music to street children. I also visit charitable institutions and give donations for those who were also abandoned by their parents. I believe that these young people will replace this generation someday and I hope that they are going to build it better than what we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment